Micro-particles and bubbles in the micro-channel can end your experiment prematurely. Therefore, we recommend to work only with degassed and filtered liquids in the FluidFM cantilever.
A possible way to degas liquid is:
1. Place the liquid of interest into a 1ml syringe without needle.
2. Press out the remaining air from the syringe.
3. Span a piece of para-film on the syringe opening.
4. Apply suction with the syringe. This step will degas the liquid. Repeat it at least 10 times over the time span of a minute.
5. Filter the liquid, by pressing it through a 0.2 um syringe filter or smaller into the desired container.
6. Now the liquid is ready for your FluidFM experiments.
Get the ideal tool for your nano-manipulation task from our selection of FluidFM probes.
Explore the FluidFM Probes pages.