How thick are the channels and walls of FluidFM micropipettes?
Dear FluidFM support team,
I have a couple of questions regarding the dimensions of your micropipettes that I'm hoping you can help me with.
What is the depth of the hole at the end of your micropipettes as indicated below?
Also, on your website it lists that the height of the probe as 1-1.5μm. Is this the tolerance or can you provide a more specific height for the micropipette?
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The geometrical tolerance of our micropipette thickness is less than 100 nm, however the wall thickness and channel height highly influence the probe stiffness, which is why both parameters vary with the nominal stiffness as follows:
|Probe type||Wall thickness||Microchannel height||Total probe height|
|Micropipette 0.3 N/m||300 nm||500 nm||1100 nm|
|Micropipette 2 N/m||600 nm||1000 nm||2200 nm|
|Micropipette 4 N/m||600 nm||1500 nm||2700 nm|
- What is the angle of a FluidFM probe?
- How do I fill FluidFM probes correctly?
- How long can FluidFM probes be used?
- Can I exchange the liquid in the probe?
- Correct storage for FluidFM probes
- What is the effective sensitivity of FluidFM probes?
- How to prevent a clogged probe?
- How can I avoid air bubbles in the probe?
- Why is there no droplet coming out at the end of the probe during filling?
- My probe dried out during storage. Will it still work?