What is the angle of a FluidFM probe?
FluidFM probes are mounted at an angle such that only the very tip touches the sample. What contact angle is this assuming the sample is flat?
FluidFM probes have contact angles around 9° to 11° depending on the platform.
Bruker BioScope Resolve: 9°
Cytosurge FluidFM BOT: 11°
JPK Nanowizard: 10°
Nanosurf FlexAFM: 10°
For our AFM solutions, we aim to keep the same default angle which the AFM platform uses for all cantilevers.
Keep in mind that this angle will change if the AFM head itself is tilted. Also, there is a small batch-to-batch inherent angle for each probe. Contact us if you need detailed values.
- How do I fill FluidFM probes correctly?
- How long can FluidFM probes be used?
- Can I exchange the liquid in the probe?
- Correct storage for FluidFM probes
- What is the effective sensitivity of FluidFM probes?
- How to prevent a clogged probe?
- How can I avoid air bubbles in the probe?
- Why is there no droplet coming out at the end of the probe during filling?
- My probe dried out during storage. Will it still work?
- How thick are the channels and walls of FluidFM micropipettes?