FluidFM® OMNIUM Platform
Gentle and accurate single-cell injection and cytoplasmic biopsies.
A versatile platform for precision single-cell manipulation
The FluidFM OMNIUM platform is a semi-automated single-cell manipulation system developed for the non-destructive injection and extraction of individual cells. The FluidFM OMNIUM is compatible with single-cell RNA analysis and with various gene editing techniques as a cell transfection method.
- Nano-injection into the nucleus for single-cell transfection.
- Nano-extraction of pL cellular content for downstream analysis from the very same cell.
- Adhesion measurement in native environment.
- Pick and place of individual cells for patterning.
Whether you want to inject into or extract from the nucleus or the cytoplasm of a single cell, the FluidFM Omnium ensures the cell viability.
A range of semi-automated workflows suited for your application needs. An intuitive software to save time on your experiment. With a user-friendly, point-and-click interface, obtain an easy cell selection - target the nucleus or cytoplasm. Locate precisely your cells with the recording of XY-coordinates of the edited cells.
Fully integrated and motorized system a temperature and CO2-controlled incubator. The platform is equipped with fluorescence microscopy – up to 8 filter sets and powered by an Olympus IX83 microscope. Compatible with standard cell culture containers from petri-dishes to 12 & 24 well plates. Optimized FluidFM probes filled with less than 1 µl solution and obtain zero dead volume – save previous material.
Solutions adapted to your needs
CRISPR Gene Engineering
Find out more about the FluidFM workflow for precision CRISPR genome engineering.
Temporal Single Cell Profiling
Explore the potential use of the FluidFM for temporal transcriptomics.
Measure cell adhesion with the FluidFM technology in native environment.
FluidFM: How it works
Force microscopy & microfluidics in a single probe.
The selection of our unique hollow FluidFM probes have apertures as small as 300 nm, enabling sub-picoliters of liquids to be delivered or withdrawn through the probe’s microchannel, giving rise to more than 12 distinctive FluidFM applications.
Versatility though the FluidFM Modes
- Pick & Place - Grab and relocate single cells and other micro-sized objects.
- Injection & Sampling - Inject into and extract from single cells. Volume quantification possible.
- Dispensing & Nanoprinting - Dispense the tiniest amount of liquid. In air or in immersion.